Counseling & Camp Staff Opportunities
Counseling youth is a life-changing and rewarding volunteer opportunity. This experience provides a chance to help children grow and understand their Christian faith in a safe place. Counselors will be responsible for abiding by camp behavior covenant rules and leading a short small-group discussion with materials provided by coordinator or directors.
Counselors at Craig Springs will be involved in all activities, making sure campers are excited to be at camp, staying with campers and making sure they are safe, and sharing spiritual knowledge with their campers.
- Must be at least 4 years older than the oldest camper
- Those under the 4 year age limit can be involved in a counselor-in-training program
- Must hold a strong understanding of their faith
- Must have emotional and spiritual maturity
- Required to read and understand our Regional Sexual Misconduct Policy and Regional Child Protection Policy
- Must take an online course to certify them as a mandated suspected child abuse reporter in the Commonwealth of Virginia (free)
- Have to pass a criminal background check
- Must obtain two good references
We also need weekly volunteers to lead music, crafts, and game activities, as well as medical personnel (camp nurse), keynote speakers, and performing artists.
If you would like to apply to be a volunteer during one of our camping programs, please contact Rhonda Williams, the chair of our Commission for Outdoor Ministry.